Sunday, August 28, 2011

all well at Little Rooster Croft....bye bye Irene

It was a worrisome couple days and a long night but my motto is "prepare for the worst, pray for the best". We pretty much got the best...so many things could have changed and it could have been catastrophic, for most, it was not. As it was, lives were still lost and much property damaged.

One thing that is really annoying me is the folks I hear saying the weather reporters and the government made too much hype. Well, that "hype" saved lives. If it was worse those precautions would have been the only thing that would have saved so many affected. If those precautions weren't taken and the warnings not as they were and Irene had been worse, everyone would have cried neglect and poor warning. Having grown up in Florida, we were evacuated many many times and it came to nothing. However, there are many times that evacuation is what saves people's lives.

Anyway, I am glad I took the time and effort to prepare...much of it ended up being early winter prep!

However, my birds are not pleased with me! LOL Here are pics of the pathetic turkeys before I opened the coop.

Let us out! Impatiently waiting for me to open door!

No comments:

Post a Comment