Saturday, August 27, 2011

Well...I am up and waiting out the storm

so figured since I still have power I would play on the computer.

I did a lot of prep the past two days because I have been pretty worried about my "kids". I changed plan several times but what ended up happening was:
- my friend helped me strengthen the turkey pen but I put the turkeys in their coop and locked them in
- I got 3 pieces of plywood to cover front of open side of 3 sided barn that the coops for fancy chickens and turkeys are and the rabbit cages. (seems to be holding for its purpose so far which is to keep driving rain out). Henry and his girls are able to come in and out through gaps but they are all on their usual roosts and so far no flooding in there
-got all the kayaks, trash cans, etc into the shed and made sure there was enough room still for the meaties! their pen gate did come off and they were running free around yard but now they put themselves up in their shelter which is good...so besides having to wash off the kayaks when we take them out, it should be okay
-the ducks and geese, unfortunately do not have much shelter, but the pen is holding and the tree is pretty secure above them

We still have hours of this hurricane to go though and have had some tornadoes touch down near us...so, it is going to be a long stressful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment