Wednesday, July 13, 2011




Well, the weekend was pretty hot but I spent a few hours doing chores Sunday...the little ones that don't get done during the week...sprayed down the rabbit cages (rabbits weren't too happy with me but they WERE cooler!).




I also got a new addition to the homestead. My friend found a little bantam rooster on the side of the road so asked if I could take him in. He is full grown but I have never seen such a tiny adult chicken! LOL My polish 1/3 grown babies are the same size! I think his name will be Lil Dude. There was some scuffling and pecking but order has been re-established. It is hilarious seeing him and Merlin (Americauna roo) sitting on the perch together crowing! Of course, I didn't have my camera for that pic! I did get some pics yesterday morning though.





I also got some pics of the turkey babies. They are starting to fly! Only a little over a week old! They are feathering out nicely and look great. Makes me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment