Tuesday, July 5, 2011

been a long time and lots of change

I have not been here in awhile. There has been a lot of change at the homestead, some very sad, some good.

I had some losses over the winter, most notably was my Polish Rooster Pachy, one of his girls Sunna and Kaninchen, my siver fox buck. It made for a very sad winter...Pachy, especially, was my baby.

The good that has happened in the year that I have posted (I can't believe it has been that long!) is the addition of 2 Standard Bronze turkeys (Tom and Spring), 6 ducks (a pair each of Rouen, Peking and Cayuga), 6 new Emden geese, 4 Polish babies and a new Silver Fox buck named Ronan. Most of this happened in the past month or so.

The turkeys I got last summer, 3 of them actually, one was "Autumn" and thanksgiving dinner. "Spring" turned out to be a hen so I kept the pair. Spring started laying eggs a few months ago and started being broody a few weeks ago so I let her. She hatched babies this past weekend! 8 of the 9 lived and are running around the coop like crazy things!

I will post pics in the next post and then talk about the garden...what there is of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment