Monday, July 18, 2011

latest on the babies






For the most part the turkey poults are doing great. Unfortunately I am down to 6 from 8. One of them is missing and another I found this morning looking perfectly fine but a little squished, I am wondering if Spring could have sat on him wrong? I think they are getting big for her to keep under her but that is where they all were (one peaking his head out) when I checked on them last night. *sad* but still doing better than raising poults in a brooder.




I spent some time with my Polish babies too. One of them is so Pachy like in his ways ...defnitely a roo and the other 2 full Polish I am pretty sure are girls. The Sebring mix is still more skitsy and standoffish. I have opened up their "brooder" and took them all out but they end up all back in there at night. So, I will leave it in the coop with the top propped open for a few weeks so they can decide when they want to hop out or feel safer in there.



The picture above to the left is the two girls, a buff and black/white splash...doesn't quite look like Mani, my silver. To the right is the boy with Goldy, my gold wyandotte. Still working on names for the new polish. Below is a pic of Czyna, one of my older Polish.

To the right here is a bunch of the featherheads together. In the back is Merlin, in front of him is Vivianne, my Americaunas. Three of the little ones are drinking along side Bardy (Barred Rock) you can sort of see.












No comments:

Post a Comment