Friday, May 18, 2012

Okay, I realized that I need to have some accountability for food and such. I have. It been eating well lately, cheating with too many sweets, not taking time to make something good when tired at home, etc. So, in my posts I will talk about menus and such, as well as keep track of the frugal and environmental stuff I have accomplished. Homestead: nothing new since last night except that the ducks are very cute and they were all asleep in their water bowl this morning! Food: last night I made a salad with fresh greens from CSA, some fresh salmon I got from my "egg exchange" and a dressing made from the lemon balm from my garden, garlic and olive oil. Today I had a cup of yogurt(not my own unfortunately but at least was organic) with a drizzle of real maple syrup and an avocado. For lunch, left over lentil and kale soup. Dinner will be posted after I successfully get through day with no additions! Frugal, environmental, health: brought all my food with me, took the vanpool to work, brief shower this morning (and for those that don't know...I don't use regular store bought shampoo and such but used simple baking soda and water for shampoo and apple cider vinegar and rosemary for conditioner and it works great! I started what is called "oil pulling" this morning, it is a something that I have read about that sounds weird and gross but is supposed to help a lot with many health problems, oral health as well as other things. More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment