Tuesday, March 20, 2012

World Tree Rabbitry needs revamping and attention



Okay, I have decided enough is enough. I am getting a trio of different kind of meat rabbits. One of the does is proven and will come here bred! Once those babies are weaned, I will breed her to one of my other bucks and then the other...we will find out what the issue is here with no babies! I am spending a good portion of this weekend getting the rabbitry back in order and keeping the chickens where they belong (anywhere but on my porch and on top of my rabbits!)


These Harlequins are meat rabbits but are not as rare/critical as the Silver Fox or Am. Chins (the Am. Chin being the most critical with the Silver Fox as second) but I have actually never seen them around here...the breeder is trying to bring them to the Eastern Shore. They are an old breed from France. So, I am hoping to have some luck with them and then get back to raising the other two breeds once I have some meat in the freezer. I do like the look of their fur too...for crafts. Since my breeders become my pets, I like that they are really cute with their multi colored faces!

Here is the pic of the young buck I am getting named Tempo.

Here is the pic of the young doe I am getting named Enigma (Momo is her mom).


And this is Momo, (a Black Japanese Harlequin) who will come to me pregnant by:



Randy Blue - a Blue Japanese Harlequin (papa of Tempo)



No comments:

Post a Comment