Sunday, October 9, 2011

what a week...

I have been away from here for awhile...well a week or so. I have had some major issues with my car, like it was "fixed" and I payed money for that...then it died again...then it was "fixed" again and then it completely died leaving me on the side of the road on the way to class with something melting in my car. Yeah...kinda of lost it then. *sigh* So, long story short, I ended up renting a car and coming to see my folks in NH anyway. And next week...completely up in the air due to car. I can't afford a new car but I might be getting one anyway and even more cinching my belt...ALOT.

Anyway, last weekend was fun...went out briefly Saturday morning looking for deer, nobody was running...which is what I figured...so got ready and spend the day with friends at the Renn Faire and then an incredible German restaraunt...have to learn how to make Schnitzle! Sunday was homesteading day...was sooo tired but spent nearly 8 hours outside working on little things, playing with my turkeys and then got 4 meaties in the freezer (well soaking in the fridge)...cut into breasts for me, legs for soon to be made into sausage and bits and pieces for my puppy.

This weekend is with the folks and yesterday was apple picking and a harvest festival with my Mom and today going to a Highland Cattle festival with my Dad...FUZZY COWS! I fell in love with them in Scotland...am looking forward to it. Tomorrow on my way home I will hit King Arthur flour to get bulk supplies and then take my time going through Vermont and heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment